Global Call for Applications: PhD Support Program 2023
Applications are now open for the PhD Support Program 2023, inviting PhD students from universities and research institutes worldwide to submit their proposals. The program, implemented by the Enterprise Incubator Foundation with the support of PMI Science R&D Center Armenia, aims to inspire young scientists by providing funding and assistance for their research, scientific projects, and innovative ideas.
Our program aims to assist PhD students working in areas that align with our interests, enabling them to conduct advanced research and successfully complete their PhD theses.
Students who have not yet chosen the topic of their future thesis will have the opportunity to choose a thesis topic in the proposed fields and start working on it with the support of leading experts in our scientific community and Science Incubator.
In addition, during the implementation of the program, each student will be assigned a specific research task that will be consistent with the PhD thesis and project priorities.
During the program, there will be opportunities to participate in ongoing science and innovation programs implemented by EIF, as well as exclusive community events. You will have an opportunity to communicate with mentors and the best experts in the field.
Areas of interest
Interested candidates can apply to the PhD Support Program if their research projects are related to the following areas:
- Materials science, sustainable materials, materials with magnetic properties
- Alternative non-electronic energy sources
- Heating and heat transfer technologies
- Neuroscience, sensorial experience, sensing technologies
- Aerosol science and technology
- Botanicals, Agronomy
- Toxicological methodologies
- Applied and experimental physics
- Industrial and systems engineering, electronic engineering, prototyping
- Mathematics, mathematical modeling, data science
- Analytical chemistry
Research topics for 1st-year PhD students:
For PhD students who are yet to determine their research topics, we are pleased to provide a list of specific topics within the above-mentioned domains as reference points. These topics can serve as a foundation for developing new and innovative theses within our framework.
- Investigation and development of biologically and environmentally compatible tunable optical and magnetic materials.
- Design and fabrication of stimuli-responsive smart materials, including thermally responsive, optically responsive, and bio-responsive materials.
- Research and development of novel thin film coating methods and materials for various applications.
- Development of smart materials for thermal, optical, and electrical energy control and management.
- Design, optimization, and application of an RF-based system for enhanced localization of electromagnetic fields.
- Synthesis, characterization, and application exploration of eco-friendly composite materials.
- Optimization and development of phase change materials for efficient heat transfer and thermal energy storage.
- Advancements in microscale aerosol generation techniques for aerosol-based drug delivery systems.
- Applicants must be enrolled or studying PhD student at a research institution or university in Armenia or abroad.
- The proposed research project must be consistent with the specified scientific disciplines.
- 1st year PhD students whose thesis topic has not yet been selected must propose a research project that aligns with the suggested research topics. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview to present their proposals.
Program implementation details:
- Monthly meetings with an interdisciplinary team of experts will be held to review progress.
- Deliverables of the project may be adjusted for better applicability.
- Beneficiaries will be assigned ongoing tasks that are mandatory.
Beneficiaries may also be involved in ongoing scientific and innovative projects implemented by EIF, along with exclusive community activities, close mentorship, and collaboration with field experts.
Up to 10 selected PhD students will actively collaborate with the EIF/EIF Science Incubator, and science community experts and receive a monthly funding of AMD 360,000 Gross (including all taxes and mandatory payments). The collaboration will span a maximum of 12 months, based on the implementation period and progress reviews with possible extension.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete the Online Application Form and attach the following documents:
- CVs of the PhD student and his/her supervisor
- Support letter from the supervisor
- Research project proposal according to the structure outlined in Annex 1.
All application documents should be submitted in English.
Due to the large number of applications, candidates not selected for the program will not receive feedback on the quality of their proposals.
The deadline for applications is August 20, 2023, 23:59 (Yerevan time).
Note: Please note that a Google account is required to fill in the Application form.
Before applying, please ensure that you have read the Privacy Notice.